[LAU] choir effect

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:15:22 UTC 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 13:04:42 +0100
Renato <rennabh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:42:23 +0100 (CET)
> Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:
>
> >You could have something like: ecasound -a:1 -i
> > playat,start[1],infile.wav -ea:gain[1] -a:2 -i \
> > playat,start[2],infile.wav -ea:gain[2] ... \ -a:all -o outfile.wav
> >    -ea is in percent 0 = silence, 100 = normal level. You can decide
> > between mixmode avg (devide volme by number of existing inputs or
> > sum, just leave everything to the user.
> >    After each -ea (or before) you can insert something likeL:
> > -eli:1767,6,3.2,2.3,0.5,0.12,0.33
> >    Meaning use LADSPA effect with unique ID 1767 (CAPS chorus) and
> > the mentioned parameters. Use analyseplugin or look at the parameter
> > list of the plugin in some other graphical LADSPA host.
>
> I think I now grasp the coolness of ecasound, it does seem more neat
> than what I was using. I hope to soon have an updated version of the
> script using ecasound.
>

> cheers,
> renato

So I have updated it to use ecasound and put it on github. You can get
it with:

git clone git://github.com/nareto/choir-sample.git

It sounds not as good as the first version to my ears though... like if
there was some clipping - but there shouldn't be, since I used
-z:mixdown,avg right?

Or maybe the timing and gains are different (I changed from uniform to
gaussian distribution)... will do some more experiments.

best wishes,
renato