[LAU] previewing samples - sample browser

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:33:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Alessandro Preziosi (licnep)
<lsnpreziosi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any idea to quickly preview audio files (using jack)? I have a huge
> sample library (.wav mostly) and I'd love something like a file
> browser that previews files when you click them or hover them. Is
> there such a thing? Even if i have to open a more complex audio
> application and just use its file browser i'd be ok with that
> solution.

Ardour can do this, you can audition files using the import external
audio dialog. I also do this kind of thing by turning on the
pulseaudio jack sink and using the Gnome file browser (at least in
Ubuntu Studio 11.04) and single clicking files, they will play back
right there, great way to audition files.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com