[LAU] State of RME Raydat?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Jan 18 10:36:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:04:24PM -0700, Jason Jones wrote:

> Has anyone out there used the Raydat interface successfully with the WCM
> (word clock module) add-on card?   Does the hdspmixer work with the raydat?
>  Are there any shortcomings, or any reason I shouldn't use it in a
> professional studio?

I wanted to use the Raydat about a year ago. Problem was that
just inserting the card made the PC freeze - it wouldn't even
boot. This happened with two PCs, different but both of the
Siemens Celsius range. The card was returned to the dealer, I
got a replacement which produced exactly the same result. At
that point I returned to using MADI instead.

AFAIK it *should* work. The only problem I'm aware of is that at
least the early versions of the driver required a period size of
1024 frames. This was due to some assumptions made in the generic
ALSA code handling HW audio buffers, and this may have been solved
meanwhile.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.