[LAU] bitwig announcement

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 18:26:21 UTC 2012

On 01/17/2012 11:43 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM, david wrote:
>
>> All the ones I know use Macs.
>
> Do you even realize how much opinionated this is? :))))))))))))
>
>>> Corel quitted the Mac market, because they weren't able to justify
>>> development with sales. Which, I'm sure, you are fully aware of.
>>
>> Corel was never in the Mac graphics market. CorelDraw is Windows only.
>
> Oh boy... :) Corel DRAW 10 and 11 were available for Mac.
> Corel Painter 12 is still available for Mac, so is CorelCAD.
>
> Are you really going to argue against easily verifiable facts? :)

Sorry, my brain doesn't recall things so good anymore. IUCSICRAAM. All
versions of CorelDraw after v7 were bloated, incredibly slow resource
hogs. I used to use CorelDraw (in fact, even got a free copy of
CorelDraw 2 for participating in the beta test program, identifying a
bug, and suggesting the fix.)

When you offer a bad product to with major flaws to a market, it doesn't
go anywhere.

>> Just installed it from Sid repository (Ubuntu is an abomination). Darktable
>> looks cute. I think it has about 10-20% of the features of Bibble 5. Maybe
>> 40% of the features of Bibble Lite. The UI is cute. Absolutely no clue about
>> how to save an image after you develop it: nothing in the UI indicates
>> anything about it.
>
> Ctrl+E for the currently selected image. Or all the options in the
> exporting plug-in from the light table mode.

Thanks. Not a clue anywhere in the UI about that. Very poor design. I
guess incorporating standard UI actions like menus and right-click
options isn't cool these days.

All of these programs suffer from a severe feature shortage: none of
them can turn an image into a sound!

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com