[LAU] Tempo syncing Loomer Sequent

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Jan 20 15:22:46 UTC 2012

On 01/20/2012 11:16 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Heikki Ketoharju
> <heikki.ketoharju at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I'd like to sync Sequent with Jack Transport or alternatively midi
>
> Plugins don't have any direct access to JACK Transport. Its up to the
> host to relay transport/sync info to the plugin using whatever
> mechanism the plugin API (VST, LV2, AudioUnits etc) provides.
>
> Ardour does this. I can't comment on any other hosts.

afaict, only vst has this interface to convoy transport information from
host to plugin atm. sth. in the lines of
   audioMasterGetTime(&vstTimeInfo); w/e...

i cannot say a thing about the "au"ther plugin spec (pun intended) but
to date lv2 has no specicific extension for just that and none of the
currently developed or ported plugins so far has that interest or
capability.

although, re. ported vst-to-lv2 plugins subject, falktx has been the
head that fostered the linux-vst transport thing on the first place.
among other (a lot) more interesting things ;)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org