[LAU] reporting a bug: getting a backtrace

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Jan 21 00:30:58 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 12:11:10AM +0000, Alan Russell wrote:

> I got the same bug trying to patch a feedback loop on mine. It doesn't
> seem to matter what modules are in the feedback line, even a gain
> object set to 0 (-infinity dB, whatever). As soon as you close the
> loop, the program exits.

Indeed it does, with a segfault.

Creating loops is explicitly allowed in AMS, and it
used to 'just work'. I'll have look as soon as the
LAC paper is finished :-)

> Pretty annoying, as feedback loops are supposed to be a major feature
> of modular synths.

They are. But you'll have one period of delay, so
it's not exactly the same as on an analog synth.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.