[LAU] Hardware: Drum pad

tee lau at dadacafe.org
Tue Jan 24 00:04:07 UTC 2012

hello,

On 21/01/2012 21:14, Yosef Werner wrote:
> I am still enthusiastic about this solution:
> I have not the knowledge to do it, but maybe someone in the list, can help
> with PD.

i have something like that about half finished, using piezos as drum
triggers connected to an arduino that talks to pure data.

the pure data patch works with the [comport] object and triggers
different parameters of the audio synthesis.

there is a beginning of a documentation at
<http://forkbomb.dadacafe.org/blog/ardrum/>

learning all the various stuff for it has been quite some fun so far and
got me into even more interesting stuff than i had anticipated.

for the quick and dirty solution while the set is being built, i'd also
recommend a lpd8 connected to hydrogen, this was the first thing i did
before starting to build a set with different haptics.

grtx,

tee