[LAU] having a good bass sound ?

hermann brummer- at web.de
Sat Jan 28 12:22:13 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, den 28.01.2012, 12:58 +0100 schrieb fred:

> Le 27/01/2012 19:37, hermann a écrit :
> >
> >> assuming you record a bass thru a DI box directly in Ardour,
> >> what effect, simulator... do you use to have it sounding like
> >> a tube amplified bass recorded with a good mic (ie D12) ??
> >>
> >> Thanks for tips,
> >> Fred
> >>
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNbKM6igGi4
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> Thanks for that link Herman, it sounds better in the video than at home !!
>
> Do we have somewhere I don't find some presets for Guitarix ???

The Video is done by Gaius Baltar, he have also contribute a lot to our
wiki. Check out the Introduction part here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/guitarix/index.php?title=How_to_get_a_tone_that_rocks

There he have explain the most fundamental steps to let it rock.
The preset, unfortunately no, he haven't post the preset he used in the
video.
well we have a section in the forum were users could post there presets
to share them, there are a few, but posts a rar in that section. :-)

But he says to me, the right use of the compressor is the "secret" to
let a bass sound well with in a amp emulation. :-))

greets
hermann