[LAU] pcm capture from jack

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Jan 28 17:47:59 UTC 2012

Hi Rustom!
   Isn't there a file output plugin for ALSA, which you could configure? It
wouldn't be the easiest and most readily available solution, but it should
work. I think, the output of that plugin would be either .wav or .raw, which
you can most certainly convert with the sndfile programs or sox.
   But I don't understand, why you would get lower volume, when routing alsa to
jack and then recording. I've used ALSA's jack plugin a few times and it
souned all very well.
   Warmly yours
             Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;