[LAU] DC offset

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Jan 30 17:38:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:01:03PM +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:

> Great -- that did it -- almost!
> Now one small problem:
> firefox appears as rawjack and audacity as portaudio in qjackctl but only
> when firefox is playing and audacity is recording.  ie its not enough to
> start the apps to be able to rewire as you suggested -- they are not there.
> For audacity thats not an issue: I can start the recording and then cut off
> the first few seconds.
> But for firefox it means I lose the 1st few seconds played.
>
> So I guess I need to figure out how qjackctl chooses its default wirings
> and make my chosen ones the default?

Once both are running and recording, just 'rewind' the player, and edit
out the false start later.

BTW, regarding Audacity, the way it behaves w.r.t. Jack is completely
wrong - those ports should exist as soon a the track is created. Complain
to the Audacity developers !

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.