[LAU] Audacity + persistent JACK ports -- was: DC offset

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Jan 31 12:23:42 UTC 2012

On 01/31/2012 10:49 AM, thijs van severen wrote:
> 2012/1/31 david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com>
>
>> On 01/30/2012 07:38 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>>
>>  BTW, regarding Audacity, the way it behaves w.r.t. Jack is completely
>>> wrong - those ports should exist as soon a the track is created. Complain
>>> to the Audacity developers !
>>>

>> And the ports disappear when you hit Audacity's stop button.
>

> isn't this also the way that VLC has implemented jack ports ?
> really annoying :-(

I don't know about VLC, but Audacity is using portaudio and portaudio's
JACK wrapper.

We could petition for "proper" JACK support in Audacity, but that'd
involve to directly add JACK to Audacity and bypass the portaudio
abstraction or to work-around the issue in in portaudio's JACK hostapi.
Likely, Audacity-devs are not prepared to do either :(

Are any Audacity developers subscribed here to comment on the issue?

Is anyone subscribed at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/contact/lists
to forward this bug-report/feature-request? Has it been reported before?

robin