[LAU] paulstretch portaudio conflict

James Mckernon jmckernon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 22:17:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I recently tried compiling paulstretch on ubuntu 11.04, and found that it
ran into some problems compiling. Here's the output from running
compile_linux_fftw.sh:

PAaudiooutput.cpp:29:9: error: ‘PaStreamCallbackTimeInfo’ does not name a
type
PAaudiooutput.cpp:29:35: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘outTime’
with no type
PAaudiooutput.cpp:29:43: error: ‘PaStreamCallbackFlags’ has not been
declared
PAaudiooutput.cpp: In function ‘void PAaudiooutputinit(Player*, int)’:
PAaudiooutput.cpp:40:94: error: invalid conversion from ‘int (*)(const
void*, void*, long unsigned int, const int*, int, void*)’ to ‘long unsigned
int’
PAaudiooutput.cpp:40:94: error: too few arguments to function ‘PaError
Pa_OpenDefaultStream(PortAudioStream**, int, int, PaSampleFormat, double,
long unsigned int, long unsigned int, int (*)(void*, void*, long unsigned
int, PaTimestamp, void*), void*)’
/usr/include/portaudio.h:355:9: note: declared here

I did some googling, and it seems that paulstretch is written to use, and
depends on, portaudio version 1.9 (package portaudio19-dev on ubuntu).
However, this conflicts with the more recent version of portaudio, which
Jack (and all my Jack apps) seem to depend on. Does anyone know of a way
around this? Failing that, does anyone know what the likelihood is of
paulstretch being patched to use the newer version of portaudio? (Is
development on it still active?)

Thanks for your help,
James