[LAU] Chord finder

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Tue Jul 3 00:34:46 UTC 2012

> c + d + g = G major? ... "or something like that"? ;). Personally I
> don't give a damn to the theory of harmony, however, there hopefully
> isn't a CLI that answers "G major" to the question "c d g" :p.

Opps ... sometimes I do type faster than my brain works. Of course I
meant to say that c e g would be G Major :)

> Some sequencers provide this information. Dunno if those sequencers are
> only Non-Linux-Sequencers, since I don't care about the theory of
> harmony in that kind of way. However, test Rosegarden and Qtractor if
> you should be able to use a GUI (no braille), perhaps one of them will
> support chord detection. I suspect you already googled for a CLI able to
> do this?!

Not sure what your like or dislike of harmony theory has to do with
this??? All I'm doing is looking at some sheet music and trying to
figure out what chord to play in a section. Yes, I can figure it out
... sometimes I'm lazy, etc. so a CLI would be nice.

Yes, I did google ... and did come up with some online programs. So,
it it works online it should work much faster (considering my very
slow connection to the world) if it were on my machine.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca