[LAU] [AvantPorn Mekanik Metal made with Linux] SEBKHA-CHOTT - The NeXXXt Epilog - 22/09 - Teaser, mp3 and more

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Jul 4 12:00:39 UTC 2012

Hi again1
   Thanks for these very detailed answers. Going back to the drums for just a
second: I think, I realy meant the acoustic bassdrum, probably the rock one.
I've listened to the flac file version. So there's the real drumkit right at
the start.
   Having taken in however, what you have said about your aims in mixing and
processing, I think you achieved, what you meant to achieve. It just sounds
odd and not as pleasant as it might have been. Especially with metal or other
grandly arranged music, you often find quite a bit of the low-end of the
bassdrums cut or at least lowered heavily, because there's the bass as well to
cater for the low-end, whilst the bassdrum add the kick or punch or accents.
this works very well, if you have bass and bassdrum in unison.
   Thanks als for passing on the address of amien, I think I will contact him.
   As to your spiderjessica application: it depends on the interface you
provide, if I can access it. It sounds interesting. The modular album, I've
never considered it thus far. Definitely a modern approach and one, which
might yield interesting results and might give some power to net colaborations
and the aspect of individuality and customiseability, which seems to spring up
everywhere. :-)
   A bientot
          Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;