[LAU] [LAD] [ANN] Radium V0.65.0

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Fri Jul 6 06:59:31 UTC 2012

Alexandre Prokoudine:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
> > Radium is a free (as in speech) music editor with a novel
> interface.
> > It's inspired by trackers, but has fewer limitations and uses
> graphics to
> > show musical data.
> >
> > The development of Radium started in 1999 on the Amiga platform.
> Since then
> > it has been ported to Linux.
>
> Any plans to move to at least Qt4? Qt3 is so 2000s :)

Yes, in the makefile you can specify USE_QT4 instead of USE_QT3. It
doesn't work
right now, but it did a few weeks ago. Problem with QT4 is that copying
pixmap
to widget (bitblt) was so horribly slow. (And I did turn off double
buffering
plus some other other options, but it only helped a little bit.)

I don't know what the problem was, maybe my X setup is too old.

It's not surprising that bitblt is a little bit slower in QT4 since
their QPixmap is not a wrapper around the X Pixmap anymore. Maybe
that's the whole explanation. It was usable, but not very nice compared
to QT3.

File requesters and the FX selector are always made with QT4 though.
:-)
(IOW. Radium requires both QT3 and QT4 in the default setup.)