[LAU] [LAD] CueFrog.pd: theatre cue player framework initial release

Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 00:57:30 UTC 2012

2012/6/21 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net>:

Hi Jörn,

> CueFrog is designed to be multi-instance capable, so you can create as many
> decks as your machine can handle, and makes use of lots of send/receive
> ports to simulate some kind of object-oriented encapsulation stuff, based on
> my (limited) understanding of a model/view/controller paradigm.
>
> grab it:
> http://stackingdwarves.net/public_stuff/software/CueFrog/CueFrog-0.0.2.tar.gz

I'm trying your pd patch and having some troubles with it on my debian system:

Created new readanysf~ with 2 channels and internal buffer of 24 * 64 = 1536
Created new readanysf~ with 2 channels and internal buffer of 24 * 64 = 1536
42: speed 1
New CueFrogPlayer~ instance: 42
43: speed 1
New CueFrogPlayer~ instance: 43
New CueFrogController instance: 42
New CueFrogController instance: 43
New CueFrogCutButtons between players 42 and 43.: bang
Playlist 42 loading: ./playlist1.txt
looping = 0
42: loop 0
42: open ./examples/13563__acclivity__frogsinriver.wav
textfile: ./examples/13563__acclivity__frogsinriver.wav FrogsInRiver
-3.5 1 0 1 6 0
Playlist 43 loading: ./playlist2.txt
looping = 0
43: loop 0
43: open ./examples/17970__reinsamba__water-frogs.wav
textfile: ./examples/17970__reinsamba__water-frogs.wav WaterFrogs -3.5 1 0 2 0 0
Invalid file or unsupported codec.
pd blocksize=64, spf=64
Invalid file or unsupported codec.
pd blocksize=64, spf=64

Any idea what can be wrong?

BTW I always missed "theatre cue player" ... something like Qlab
http://figure53.com/qlab/

There is one project  open-source which looked promising, but nowadays
seems to be dead.
You might be interested to have a look.
https://developer.berlios.de/projects/showq/

Best Regards