[LAU] Cannot set -C and -P devices using qjackctl

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:23:30 UTC 2012

At Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:17:47 -0400,
Paul Davis wrote:
> you should be selecting the device for JACK to use from the "interface" selector at the upper
> right of the setup dialog's options panel.

OK, understand, but I also need to specify a merged ALSA device for playback in order to get 4 channels of output on the USB device.

Not trying to be difficult, but ultimately I will need -Chw:1 -Pft4, where ft4 is defined in my .asoundrc. Not sure how to do it properly, if -C and -P are not the right way.

Maybe merge the input channels into the ft4 device? I hesitate because it was rather painful sifting through .asoundrc examples online, and I don't recall seeing one that brought input and output together into one device -- usually they're output only.

I've attached my .asoundrc for reference. Thanks!

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70 at dewdrop-world.net