[LAU] Cannot set -C and -P devices using qjackctl

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jul 10 22:56:14 UTC 2012

Do you need jackdbus?
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/JackDbusPackaging
Maybe you should get rid of it.

- Ralf

PS:
> So, after a reboot, Jack can finally start again using the built-in
> hardware.
>
> Another user kindly suggested, off list, that I might need to kill
> jackdbus when changing the device.

Just for the record, since we couldn't read the off-list mail. Perhaps
the author did mention that jackdbus needs to be killed by

spinymouse at precise:~$ jack_control exit

or

spinymouse at precise:~$ killall -9 jackdbus

just a kill PID or killall jackdbus doesn't the trick. In cases of doubt
I usually restart my machine too.

> Maybe I'll just add that as a post-stop script.

Good idea, for other reasons I'll copy your idea. I'll add it to the
beginning of the scripts, that start my audio sessions.

I only keep jackdbus, because I guess it will become more and more
important, but at the moment I suspect for my needs it's annoying only.
Less annoying for me, than it might be for you.