[LAU] strange behaviour with novation launchpad

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Thu Jul 12 19:24:34 UTC 2012

Hi

I'm trying to use my novation launchpad with chuck. It seems to be
plug/play, at least I didn't do anything except plug and play :-)

However it's acting a bit strange in one regard. The first time I handle
(read presses from the launchpad and sends something back to turn lights
on/off) it works as expected.

However the next time I launch my chuck code (without turning off =
unplugging the launchpad) it doesn't send presses. However the arrow up,
down, left and right buttons (or at least the up-one, that's what I got
used to use) works and after pressing it the other buttons start sending
again.

Every once in a while, it's the other way around, I have to press a grid
button before the arrow pads start sending.

I checked my chuck code quite thoroughly, and played with various things
to remedy the problem, but still it might be something I send that
messes up the launchpad.

Can anyone recognize this behavior? Or the opposite: testify that it
works without this quirk? Any ideas how to approach the problem, narrow
down the possibilities and hopefully eventually find a fix?

NB: I'm running arch linux with kernel 3.0-rt...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk