[LAU] [OT] GNOME UI

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Fri Jul 13 16:27:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Egor Sanin <egor.sanin at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is comforting about this whole discussion to me is that, despite
> numerous opinions, we all have the freedom of choice, and can choose
> exactly the environment that fits our needs and desires.
>
> Nobody is forcing anybody else to use their desktop environment.

Yes. The joy of Linux and free software.

I installed cinnamon a few weeks ago. It's quite nice, but has some
rough edges which end up annoying me. So, for now, I'll stick with
xfce4. But, give cinnamon a few more revisions and I may switch!

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca