[LAU] strange behaviour with novation launchpad

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Jul 13 20:45:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 05:41:31PM +0100, Kaspar Bumke wrote:

> As for a more immediate solution. Have you tried sending the LP two remap
> messages (i.e. CC 0 2, CC 0 1) before quitting?

Didn't try that. The python interface doesn't support remapping,
because its output is not midi, just v,x,y, and any remapping
can be done as well by the application.

I did try the reset command, it doesn't clear running status.

One solution probably (not tried) is to use the LP via Jack MIDI,
that way the device remains open as long as Jack is running, and
running status is preserved, even while there is no client using
the LP.

Ciao,

--
FA