[LAU] A Dubstep Tale: Ardour Calf and Zyn

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 20:01:49 UTC 2012

Hey all, will try to reply to everybody in this mail:

@Julien: The phaser is the one in the Calf LV2 plugins, I rarely use
phasers but for some reason thought I wanted one on the master track for
this!

@All On production: Yeah, its indeed quite shakey at times and not as
polished and refined as it could be. Patrick: I'm afraid this track's
progression is to stay where it is! I tend to prefer writing new material
to polishing things at the moment... If there's intrest in the Ardour2
session, or per track exports, I'll happily share :)

@Louigi: Drums are loops, but edited a bit. Taking kicks & snares and
doubling them over the loop in certain places to make the whole more
interesting. Forget what collection they're from.. sorry!

@Reverb: you're probably right, didn't really do a final "listen" an there
was no time between composition, mixing and mastering. Start to finish in 3
hours, no break, so I'd happily belive that the reverb sounds way
overpowering to a fresh pair of ears :D

@Brostep: Brostep is dubstep without the "super-heavy" sine bass under it
as far as I'm aware. Basically a high pass filter at 120 on the bass
instrument, but normal "dubstep" apart from that. Indeed it usually has
even "harder" sounds, more metallic and high-frequency based "basslines".

I intend to make more of this type of music in future & will post links due
to the nice response guys, cheers! -Harry