[LAU] Using Alesis iO2 Express as pre-amp

Andre Colomb acolomb at schickhardt.org
Tue Jul 17 09:03:46 UTC 2012

Hi folks!

I'm about to order an Alesis iO2 Express interface, primarily for bass
practice and simple single-track recordings at home. I see that the
interface has a direct monitor path to route inputs to outputs without
latency. I would like to use this for my bass to practice with
headphones or stereo speakers.

Since the documentation doesn't tell much about the monitoring
capabilities, I'd like to know whether direct monitoring works when the
device only has bus power supplied, but not a real USB host. There are
very cheap USB power supplies available that just have the +5V and GND
pins connected.

Could someone with access to this kind of interface please confirm
whether the direct monitoring works with only USB bus power connected?

Or does anyone know of a different device with such "offline" capabilities?

Regards,
André
--
Greetings...