[LAU] Question about MIDI clock data

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Jul 18 19:07:24 UTC 2012

Hello everyone!
   I'm again firing up the MIDI setup. The following is in place:
ALSA->JACK->ALSA MIDI connections. They transmit at least from JACK-client to
ALSA sequencer system, which is all I ask. Then jack_midi_clock and klick (to
actually give it a time signature to work with. Now asequdump shows start,
stop and continue. I seem to remember, that it also used to show clock, while
it was running. True?
   Testing with jack_midi_dump I get fa, fc and fb from jack_midi_clock.
   The problem being: My midi_sequencer just sits there. Sometimes it does
something, which results in a lot of notes on the first beat. Any suggestions?
   Warmly yours
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======