[LAU] [LAD] The guitarix project release version 0.23.3

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Sat Jul 28 03:06:53 UTC 2012

Am 27.07.2012 18:35, schrieb rosea.grammostola:
> On 07/27/2012 06:27 PM, hermann meyer wrote:
>> We are proud to announce the release of guitarix2-0.23.3.
>>
>> Guitarix is a modular tube amplifier simulation for jack, with
>> additional Effect-Racks, inbuilt effects as well as support for LADSPA
>> plug-ins.
>>
>> This is a Bug-fix release witch fix the ladspa_guitarix.so
>> module guitarix-fx [UniqueID 4070] to avoid segfault when loading into a
>> host.
>>
>> Please refer to our project page for more information:
>>
>> http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> download site:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/
>>
>> have fun
>>
>> guitarix development team
>
> Maybe it's an idea to make a visual distinction between internal and
> external (LADSPA) plugin. Now it's hard to see which effects are part
> of the Guitarix software and which are LADSPA plugins (after you
> enabled a list of LADSPA plugins).
> In the 'effects' menu on the left side, there is an 'external' entry,
> but not all LADSPA plugins are displayed there.
>
> Another feature suggestion, which you are aware of already, would be
> adding NSM support, with the OSC functionality of NSM it should be
> easy to switch between (effect processing) sessions in a live situation.
>
> Regards,
> \r

Hi

Explore the LADSPA select list a bit, it is a power-full tool. Have a
look at the "Show Details", there you can select under witch category
the plug-in appears, you can set the name (if you like to have a
indicator for LADSPA plug-ins, set a (L) before the name, for example),
the controllers type, range and order, the master controller, you can
add a dry/wet controller,.....
At default, we order plug-ins under the category witch is given by the
plug-in author, only if non is given, it will appear under the external
entry. But you can change all that to your needs. Any detail is editable.
Also you can select to show only enabled plugs, you can leave the widget
open at any time to get a overview of what you have selected and under
witch category to find it and/or change the behavior of the plug.Just
press "Apply" to make your changes work.

To NSM, well, you know it already, it isn't high on my todo list :-) ,
but guitarix is a open project, we accept patches, we welcome developers
to join the project, . . .

anyhow, I hope you enjoy guitarix also without NSM support for now.

greets
hermann