[LAU] [LAD] The guitarix project release version 0.23.3

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Jul 29 03:47:54 UTC 2012

Am 29.07.2012 00:29, schrieb rosea.grammostola:
> Is it possible to start guitarix with a specific preset via command
> line? Then I could use it in NSM via the nsm-proxy client. Not so nice
> as full NSM support, but alas ...
>
> \r
It is, it's a little tricky,  . . . :-)
The preset to load is given by the guitarix state file, . . .
So, you can start guitarix with the -n parameter to give a name for the
(jack)instance,
example guitarix -n gx2.
guitarix will create a own state file for guitarix:gx2, select the
preset you will use, and quit guitarix.
Now, when you would like to start guitarix with this preset, just start
guitarix -n gx2. Create as many
state files you need the same way, maybe guitarix -n lead, . . . rhythm,
. . .
If you use the name of the preset you like to load, you will have a cool
overview of this stuff.
The name given by the -n parameter is the name witch is used for connect
to jack, so for connections you must take care to use the correct name.

A other way is the -f parameter, . . .
Select the preset you would use to start guitarix, quit guitarix, go to
$HOME/.config/guitarix/
and copy and rename the file guitarix2_rc to what ever you like
(preset_name? _rc). Repeat that for any preset you need to start
guitarix with. To load the state file, start guitarix with
guitarix -f /were/ever/your/state_file/is_rc

greets
hermann