[LAU] Digits VST for Linux

Louis Gorenfeld louis.gorenfeld at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 02:15:06 UTC 2012

So, I've bumped the version up to 1.2 and fixed a few bugs. If you
already have 1.1, I'd really recommend upgrading. I've also included a
64-bit Linux version! Please let me know how it works out and if there
are any problems.

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Thanks for a nice synth. Like Dave I was a huge fan of the casio synths,
> they produced the firmest bass I ever heard. Although I very, very rarely
> use vsts, this one could change that.

I think they were really good synths-- surprisingly versatile. I
always felt that they never got enough recognition. I recently picked
up a Casio CZ-1000, and it's fun. But, the lack of patch editors
(aside from emulation via DOSBox or STEem) makes old gear hard to use
for me. I've even thought of picking up a real ST just for the MIDI
support! Of course, this was a contributing factor to my writing this
plugin :)

> How about an option for saving presets? Users could contribute presets and
> your plugin would be much more appealing to new users...

You should be able to export FXPs using the feature in your VST host.
If the host though doesn't support FXPs, there's no way of importing
and exporting since it's a faceless plugin (no GUI). Which program are
you using to run the VST?