[LAU] how much is contained in the .ardour file

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jun 12 13:50:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net> wrote:

> ?
>

>>  Hmm... not as sure as I was an hour ago ;) I thought that's how it was
> meant to work, but I haven't tested it recently. How is it supposed to work?

the idea was that snapshots would form independent versions within the
session. so the following rules are supposed to apply:

   * if you create a new snapshot, the current state of the session is
saved to the new snapshot, but all subsequent saves continue to go to the
"mainline"
   * if you do "Save As", the current state of the session is saved to a
new snapshot, and subsequent saves will go to that snapshot (i.e. you are
now
              working with the saved snapshot)
   * if you load a snapshot or the "mainline", all saves will go to that
version until you do something to change that