[LAU] new software

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 20:40:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Remember I said I'd announce new software that I found here & there ?
>
> Take a look at what Rui's been up to lately :
>
> LV2 sampler plugin:
>
>    https://www.rncbc.org/svn/**test/samplv1<https://www.rncbc.org/svn/test/samplv1>
>
> LV2 synth plugin:
>
>    https://www.rncbc.org/svn/**test/synthv1<https://www.rncbc.org/svn/test/synthv1>

STOP THE PRESS!

Wow! The final missing pieces of Rui's complete Linux music studio have
been unveiled! I've just compiled them now and they're already looking very
impressive yet share qtractors 'functional' gui design aesthetic ;)

samplv1 - This is pretty much EXACTLY what Linux audio has needed forever
so infinite thanks for finally creating the easy to use LV2 sampler I've
been screaming about for so long- or at least I'm confident it will be soon!

I'd like to make potentially both the first ever bug report and feature
request for samplv1. As it stands, if you load a qtractor session that uses
a samplv1 plugin track and the sample that the track uses has been moved or
deleted samplv1 doesn't print an error message in the qtractor message
window to let you know this has happened. My feature request is that when
this does happen, qtractor should then prompt the user to browse for (or
enter) a new path where the wanted sample may be found. If any more samplv1
tracks within the same session also have the same problem qtractor should
try the just selected alternate path before prompting for a new location
for the sample.

synthv1 - I like its UI as it reminds me of Noisemaker in its layout, which
is good. Its biggest problem right now is its lack of presets - do you
think it may be possible to automatically convert/ import presets from any
other synths Rui? Ideally there'd be any easy way for us to convert
zyn/yoshimi and Noisemaker etc presets into their nearest synthv1
equivalent. Nonetheless, I can't wait to hear what 'the Wills' will do with
this!

Whats the score with MIDI automation for both of these plugins Rui?
Right-clicking on their dials doesn't seem to do anything right now?

Thanks as ever to Dave P for reporting the latest and greatest in Linux
audio news!

:D