[LAU] New and old music: More Bach

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Jun 22 19:15:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 08:15:45PM +0200, ben wrote:

> the organ of your local church is very pleasant to listen to.
> thank you for sharing these timeless pieces.

'Timeless' is much very to the point.

Here in Parma there's a street musician, usually to be found
near Via Cavour and Strada al Duomo, who plays Bach on the
accordeon, and as far as I can tell he does so perfectly.
I've been sitting down many times on the stairs of the
Battistero just to listen to him, knowing I would miss the
bus and would have to wait another half hour.

Today some of my colleagues made a recording of him using
the Eigenmike (they are making a collection of  typical
'Parma' smbience ounds), so maybe I'll post it some day.

Ciao,

--
FA