[LAU] OT: Wait, did this just really happen?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Tue Jun 26 00:11:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 06:37:07AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Stand up for your freedom to install free software
> http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement

Done, thanks.

I find myself lulled into a (false?) sense of complacency because cracks and jailbreaks are so widespread even for tightly closed system (*ahem*, iOS), and, also, I can't imagine that Chinese manufacturers won't continue to make open motherboards/laptops/tablets available, so I just can't get panicked over this like I would if this had happened 10 years ago.

Still, it's worrying. I signed the petition, for whatever good that'll do.

-ken