[LAU] The Salamander Drumkit

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:14:05 UTC 2012

On 03/01/2012 01:54 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> OK, my alternative sfz-files are up:
> http://juliencoder.de/jpc_salamander.tar.bz2
> Or via the website:
> http://juliencoder.de/other.html
> In the tarball you will find a jpc.sfz, which is the complete kit and
> then the seperate files for kick, snares, toms, cymbals and hihats. The
> cowbell has gone in with the cymbals.
> I applied the fix to the bellchime (well both of them) and I made the
> closed hihat part of group one, so it also mutes the open hihat. Besides
> that, you will find, that I change the layout of the sounds over the
> keyboard and I skipped one kick. :-) I hope, the few of you, who also
> like to play live will enjoy it.
> Alexander: Thanks again for this effort!
> Warmly yours

Thanks both of you. The strong part of the drumkit (all though not a
drummer myself) seems to be the natural sounding, especially of the
hihats and snare drums! great work! The toms might be the weaker point
(but again, I am not exerienced and not sure how the sound should be if
there is a should at all...)

Great work Alexander! SFZ rules! ;)

\r