[LAU] HW Synth editor in a virtual machine ?

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Mar 3 23:35:28 UTC 2012

Hi all,

  Do these softwares that comes with hardware synths to help editing
sounds usually work inside a Virtual Box (or VmWare) virtual machine ?
The idea is to run Virtual Box on Linux (Virtual Box with a version of
Windows) for those times when editing sounds is required.
Specifically, this would be for the KORG Microstation that I'm
considering getting.  The connection is made via USB so it should be
easy I presume to let a USB connection reach Virtual Box.  KORG also
has some sort of (VST ?) plug-in although that might be more
complicated to get working with Ardour/Wine.  If not, let me know.  or,
would it run straight under wine w/o the need of a full VM ?  I wonder.

Anyone using such software ?  Any comments appreciated, thanks.