[LAU] Loudness metering in text?

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Mar 4 18:43:08 UTC 2012

Hi Massy!
   I've never really seen something like it. I don't know, if one of the ladspa
plugins might do the trick. Otherwise a small hack might do the job. You could
take Ecasound's -ev output, pipe it into a file or directly to the next tools
and work with awk/sed/grep and then use a calculator to give you some average
values. Though to be honest, I'm not really sure how to measure average
loudness. Is it just a comparison between peak and overall average loudness of
the piece or how would you calculate it?
   Warm regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======