[LAU] Simple hardware & software for digitizing analog audio recordings

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Mar 5 02:43:50 UTC 2012

i use jack_capture to save to flac.

i have a music hall turntable, feeding a NAD preamp, which then feeds
my frontier designs tango24 ADC which feeds my RME audio interface.

the biggest obstacle: i have to manually create track boundaries or
per-track files *if* i want them.

second biggest obstacle: the music hall is a fully manual deck, so i
have to be there to both stop the recording *and* lift the tonearm off
the vinyl.