[LAU] Qjackclt cramps

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Mar 7 21:59:19 UTC 2012

On 03/07/2012 10:42 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this problem with
> Qjackctl. Anyway I haven't seen any other reports of it.
> The problem is so obvious that I myself never bothered to
> report it - it's the thing you exect fixed in the next
> release. But apprently it never gets fixed.
>
> To the facts now: almost every day when I use it, and for
> the last years, Qjackctl get into some cramp in which it
> either
>
> - refuses to make some connections,
> - or refuses to show them,
> - or makes them and then disconnects them immediately.
>
> I don't know what triggers this, but it could be related to apps
> making lots of ports connections in a short time and Qjackctl's
> idea of current connections getting out of sync with reality.
> Given Jack's APi for this that is no big surprise, but what really
> messes up things is that Qjackctl apparently has no means to recover
> and refresh its connections database from scratch. The only option
> is to terminate it (which takes Jack and all apps with it, unless
> Jack was started separately).
>
> Ciao,

Hello Fons,

I recognize the symptoms, I even recall having talked about it with Rui
on his blog/forum (or maybe on a SourceForge tracker of one of his
projects, probably Qtractor) but can't find anything back about it
anymore. And yes, it's such an obvious issue that likewise I didn't
bother either to report it.

Best,

Jeremy