[LAU] Qjackclt cramps

thijs van severen thijsvanseveren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:09:35 UTC 2012

2012/3/7 Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com>

> On 03/07/2012 10:42 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this problem with
>> Qjackctl. Anyway I haven't seen any other reports of it.
>> The problem is so obvious that I myself never bothered to
>> report it - it's the thing you exect fixed in the next
>> release. But apprently it never gets fixed.
>>
>> To the facts now: almost every day when I use it, and for
>> the last years, Qjackctl get into some cramp in which it
>> either
>>
>> - refuses to make some connections,
>> - or refuses to show them,
>> - or makes them and then disconnects them immediately.
>>
>> I don't know what triggers this, but it could be related to apps
>> making lots of ports connections in a short time and Qjackctl's
>> idea of current connections getting out of sync with reality.
>> Given Jack's APi for this that is no big surprise, but what really
>> messes up things is that Qjackctl apparently has no means to recover
>> and refresh its connections database from scratch. The only option
>> is to terminate it (which takes Jack and all apps with it, unless
>> Jack was started separately).
>>
>> Ciao,
>>

> Hello Fons,
>
> I recognize the symptoms, I even recall having talked about it with Rui on
> his blog/forum (or maybe on a SourceForge tracker of one of his projects,
> probably Qtractor) but can't find anything back about it anymore. And yes,
> it's such an obvious issue that likewise I didn't bother either to report
> it.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

yesterday i was running some tests on hydrogen for some Jack-connection
improvements that Sebastian made and i noticed the same thing (and indeed i
had also seen this before)
but what might be interesting is that i did my tests with both Qjack and
Patchage open and Patchage seems to do a lot better when it comes to
updating connections or displaying updates
so it's quite clear to me that there is indeed a problem with  QjackCtl

grtz
Thijs