[LAU] Qjackclt cramps

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Thu Mar 8 10:59:35 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 09:58 AM, thijs van severen wrote:

> 2012/3/8 thijs van severen <thijsvanseveren at gmail.com
> <mailto:thijsvanseveren at gmail.com>>
>
>     2012/3/8 Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org <mailto:rncbc at rncbc.org>>
>
>         On 03/07/2012 09:42 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>             To the facts now: almost every day when I use it, and for
>             the last years, Qjackctl get into some cramp in which it
>             either
>
>             - refuses to make some connections,
>             - or refuses to show them,
>             - or makes them and then disconnects them immediately.
>
>             I don't know what triggers this, but it could be related to apps
>             making lots of ports connections in a short time and Qjackctl's
>             idea of current connections getting out of sync with reality.
>             Given Jack's APi for this that is no big surprise, but what
>             really
>             messes up things is that Qjackctl apparently has no means to
>             recover
>             and refresh its connections database from scratch. The only
>             option
>             is to terminate it (which takes Jack and all apps with it,
>             unless
>             Jack was started separately).

[...]

> important remark : i'm running 0.3.7 (havent tested 0.3.8 yet)

I can confirm this behaviour (also qjackctl 0.3.7), I think I have this
problem only with jack1 (which might be related to the fact that jack2
takes ages to complete a port connection, here it takes 18 times as
long, see below).

- Giso

jack 1.9.7

giso at helios:~$ time (for k in system:playback_{1..26}; do jack_connect
system:capture_1 "$k"; done)

real    0m3.729s
user    0m0.056s
sys     0m1.645s

jack 0.121.2

giso at helios:~$ time (for k in system:playback_{1..26}; do jack_connect
system:capture_1 "$k"; done)

real    0m0.198s
user    0m0.031s
sys     0m0.107s