[LAU] Music made with Linux: What happened in the middle?

Roberto Suárez Soto talkingxouba at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:55:39 UTC 2012

2012/3/5 Stuzz <stuzz78 at yahoo.com.au>

I suppose you could put the guitars in the 'podded' category.  I have an
> older Boss GT-5 effects box.  The guitar (Charvette (by Charvel)) goes into
> that, then into an Echo Audiofire4 firewire box and finally into the
> computer.  The bass guitar, which I had to borrow just went direct into the
> Audiofire4.

    I found the guitar sounds awesome :-) Crystal clear, specially the
clean ones. Did you use any special audio-fu?

> I critique the vocals myself.  I was this close to scrapping the whole
> thing due to my dissatisfaction with them.  All the vocals were tracked on
> the 25th of Feb (the last Saturday in the month).  With more time there
> would have been some re-recording and refinement.  I didn't know the words
> either, and I know from hearing other singers, the performance is a damn
> site better if they don't need to read sing :)

    Couldn't you re-record them? Maybe with a bit of processing you would
be able to get them where you want :-?

--
        Roberto Suárez Soto