[LAU] csound segfaulting with the vco ladspa plugin

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Mar 9 17:39:45 UTC 2012

Hello everyone!
   I've been experimenting some with Fons' vco_pulse.so or blvco.so. Both have
the same plugins and I've tried both, but it realiably segfaults, without any
warning. There's nothing untoward in the messages, even with debugging for
dssiinit turned on. Has anyone else experienced that?
   My csound version is 5.13 (beta) with with libsndfile 1.0.24-exp. It's
self-compiled. I've checked the example from the manual using the g2reverb.so
and that works.
   Here's my minimal orchestra file:
< basic header info
sr = 44100 ; samplerate
kr = 4410 ; controller rate
ksmps = 10 ; sr/kr
nchnls = 2 ; number of channels i.e. stereo

gihandle dssiinit "blvco.so", 2, 1 ; init plugin 2 from blvco.so
          ; also turn on verbose mode

instr act ; instrument for plugin activation (this always needs to be done!)
 	dssiactivate gihandle, 1
endin

instr 1 ; instrument for the work
 	afreq init 200 ; set up an audio signal for frequency control, this must be
 	      ; an audio signal, this is set to 200 statically
 	a0 init 0 ; have an audio signal just saying 0
 	a1 init 1 ; have an audio signal fixed at 1
 	; set all teh control ports (we first have 5 audio inputs starting at 0)
 	; the last parameter tells us to set this value immediately
 	dssictls gihandle, 5, 0, 1 ; octave
 	dssictls gihandle, 6, 0, 1 ; tune
 	dssictls gihandle, 7, 0, 1 ; exp FM
 	dssictls gihandle, 8, 0, 1 ; lin FM
 	dssictls gihandle, 9, 0, 1 ; wave form
 	dssictls gihandle, 10, 0, 1 ; form mode
 	dssictls gihandle, 11, 1, 1 ; lp filter
 	aout dssiaudio gihandle, afreq, a1, a0, a0, a0 ; create audio output
 	     ; all the a0's are for the remaining audio inputs
 	outs aout, aout ; output the stereo signal
endin

   The score file would be:
i "act" 0 2 ; initialise the plugin
i1 1 3 ; get some audio output