[LAU] /dev/rtc permissions on Debian

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 12:25:31 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 05:40 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 03/09/2012 12:19 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> is this permanent? How do I do that exactly?
>>
>> \r
>
> Yes. You can add lines in /etc/sysctl.conf and load them with sudo
> sysctl -p
> But only kernel parameters that are set under /proc/sys/
>
> And instead of:
> $ sudo echo 2048> /proc/sys/dev/hpet/max-user-freq
>
> You can also do:
> $ sudo sysctl -w dev.hpet.max-user-freq=2048
>
> This will write an entry in /etc/sysctl.conf
> But again this only applies for parameters under /proc/sys/, I have no
> idea if there is an equivalent tool to sysctl for parameters under
> /sys/class so you'll probably have to script it.

I think you can put it in

$ cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

echo 2048 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq

exit 0