[LAU] help for building new desktop pc

october001 at gmail.com october001 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 15:54:13 UTC 2012

I've been running an maudio delta 44 internal sound card for years, moving it from one pc to the next as I upgrade.  Probably not the cheapest card out the but not the most expensive either!  Very low latencies were obtainable (without xruns) even on my earliest single CPU machines.  Running it now on a 64 bit quadcore amd I built and I've never thought about replacing it.

I've never overclocked any of my machines, even for gaming purposes.

I experiment a lot but tend to stay around some sort of debian/ubuntu (or mint) hybrid, usually with a hand rolled rt kernel.  A yamaha 4 channel mixer and an maudio midi 4x4 has allowed me to mix hardware synths with soft in a loaded ardour setup quite effectively.

Best,

Jon

Sent from my iPhone