[LAU] My JX-8P is dead, any SW based synth that can handle the heritage? :-(

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Mar 11 11:23:39 UTC 2012

> Any smoke, funny smells, visible damage ? If not maybe it could be
> repaired.

A note to the OP: Test the Non-CEM, but ordinary chips using coolant
spray. Perhaps some ordinary chip is borked.
I don't think that you'll see just some puffy capacitors, OTOH IIRC your
description doesn't lead to CEM chips, so I agree with Fons.
For taking a look and using coolant spray you don't need knowledge and
old gear usually is easy to open and to put together again.

I won't reply to the replies regarding to Phasex and DSI, they're
informing. Thank you!

Regards,
Ralf