[LAU] midi backend not working in qjackctl?

James Mckernon jmckernon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:44:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I seem to recall that setting qjackctl's 'midi driver' option to 'seq' is
supposed to make a copy of all the midi ports in the 'alsa midi' tab under
the 'jack midi' tab. This used to work fine for me, but bafflingly doesn't
seem to work now. The ports simply don't appear as they should, whatsoever.

If I can't fix it, I guess I'll just start using a2jmidid instead, but I'd
prefer to use Jack's internal solution. Any ideas why this might not be
working, how to fix it, or where to investigate? Thanks!

James