[LAU] OT: Modern film soundtracks

Lorenzo Cecchi cecchilorenzo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:14:39 UTC 2012

> Apologies for the lack of clarity. I was prompted to ask this question
> because I wanted good reference mixes for this type of music. I asked
> here because it seemed like a better and more promising idea than just
> looking up OSCAR winners or something of the kind. As I said, I'm no
> movie expert and one of the few movie soundtracks I listen to on an even
> remotely regular basis is Bladerunner's (and a few by Philip Glass).
>
> Cheers,
> S.M.

Hi!

I'm no movie expert too, but i think if you want example of well composed
and well mixed classical music for movies you could start with the whole
anthology of Mr John Williams, or even the most famous soundtracks like
Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter (as said), Indiana Jones,
Star Wars, ecc..

I would also advice the listening of Matrix music (not even the song for
soundtracks), The NeverEnding Story whole soundtrack and, being italian,
Ennio Morricone's works and even Claudio Simonetti, Daemonia and Goblin's
works for old orror movies (more about electronic than classical music, or
mix of both..but still great material).

cheers,
lorenzo