[LAU] OT: Modern film soundtracks

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Mar 14 13:22:41 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 08:58 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:
> On 03/14/2012 03:16 AM, S. Massy wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm no movie head, which is why I'm turning to this list. What would you
>> pick as some reference/quality film soundtracks produced in the last
>> decade or so?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> S.M.
> Angelo Badalamenti has always been a favourite of mine (best known for
> his collaborations with David Lynch)

+1 for Badalamenti.

I suppose you're interested in scores composed for film, rather than
soundtracks compiled from existing songs or compositions, right?

Last Decade: Mmh. tricky. that might rule-out Ennio Morricone, he's
still active but his great compositions are from 60s-80s.

two picks: I really like Cinematic Orchestra's take on "the man with the
movie camera" (silent-film 1929 - soundtrack 2003) and the soundtrack
for Atonement (2007) by Dario Marianelli is amazing. The film is great,
too :)

best,
robin