[LAU] midi file editing

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 18:56:57 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 02:51 AM, Renato wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:11:17 +0530
> Rustom Mody<rustompmody at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> [I am asking this after wrestling with rosegarden for an hour or so
>> and getting no sound]
>
> Hi, sorry if this is obvious to you, but just in case, you'd
> probably need a soundfont (like fluidr3) and a soundfont player (like
> qsynth) to have sound - maybe rosegarden has a built-in soundfont
> player?

No, it doesn't. That's what qsynth, whysynth or Timidity (if you can
make it work) is for.

> Anyway you should be able to make it output the midi of the
> track to qsynth (using qjackctl), and therefore have sound.

RG 11.11.42 just automatically connects.

I use RG mostly for scores. Bringing in a MIDI file usually requires
some cleanup. For one thing, RG prefers contrapuntal compositions to
have a separate track for each of the melodies, while lots of MIDIs from
the web have all the melodies on the same track.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community