[LAU] PS: Any hints how to avoid a bad screen resolution and to keep a kernel-rt?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Mar 17 21:59:29 UTC 2012

> Same problem I had with the NV<>Nouveau switch. I run Debian Sid,
> they
> dumped NV, but Nouveau is still "experimental" and doesn't support a
> lot
> of older NVidia cards, so jumping through hoops to get video seems to
> be
> the "standard" Xorg way now. (With or without an RT kernel.) Almost
> like
> going back to the bad old Linux days when you had to know the real
> part
> numbers for the actual video chips, so you could track down the
> technical specs you needed to tell X to use. Sigh.
>
> When I contacted one of the developers, I was basically told that I
> could download the NV code, update it to work with Sid, and compile
> it
> myself ... Oh, well!
>
> So anyway it sounds to me like however you resolve it, it won't "work
> all the times without much work."

:D

Computers as tools are hell.

In the 80s I bought software to handle my Roland MT-32 with the C64.
IIRC the software was from Gerdes, anyway, it doesn't work for my C64.

At that time I was a coder, I hacked the software, corrected the bugs
and made it available for free. A time-barred crime :p.

Some time ago I won an iPad2. There's amazing audio software available,
but since I upgraded iOS from 5.0.1 to 5.1 even using the iPad as a Book
reader doesn't work, since I'm unable to sync most of the apps,
including iBooks and some of the amazing audio software.

Linux cause the less pain for me, anyway it cause much pain.

I'm unable to program nowadays computers ... it sucks, it seems that
"personal responsibility" is = "be an expert".

I'm unable to produce forks and knives, fortunately I can buy "common"
forks and knives and don't need to eat with my hands.

Hell!

Without humor I would run berserk!

:D
Ralf

PS: The classic Atari ST was the best Computer I ever used! Completely
painless! I never used any Win, MacBlabla (Dirk Brauner borrowed me a
Mac + Logic + a Firewire Moto) or anything else ex the Atari ST that was
painless.

IMO Linux cause the less pain, but anyway it cause unsustainable pain.

A friend of mine through away his Mac through the window and today he
doesn't use the computer for music anymore, he only use some M$ crap to
get computerless music hardware at EBay.