[LAU] Simple hardware & software for digitizing analog audio recordings

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Mar 18 07:52:46 UTC 2012

PS: My elCheapo cards are able to digitize the output of my turntable's
Audio Technica system, but they're unable to record the sound quality of
the good system I used before.

Regarding to your stereo, there are many components that "make" the
sound. For turntables it's not only the cartridge, but also the
pre-amp's equalization. IMO all CD players sound disgusting, anyway, a
digital copy usually is a digital copy ... sometimes voodoo anyway makes
those copies bad.