[LAU] icon iControls pro with alsa?

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Sun Mar 18 12:21:05 UTC 2012

Dear list,

I discovered this faderbox, which has motorized and touch-sens faders
"Icon iControls Pro"
see http://www.icon-global.com/ShowPro.aspx?ID=135

I wonder if I could use it on Linux under Alsa with the generic usb midi
module. I understand that it is primarily geared towards MackieControl
and similar protocols, and wonder if it can do plain midi as well.

The website says:

- iMapTM software included for easy mapping of MIDI functions
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit &
  64-bit),and Mac OS X (IntelMac)

Does anyone have experience with this device already?

thanks and have a nice day!